So, a few weeks ago, my family had the opportunity of bringing in an 8 year old foster child named Stephanie. She is so fun, spunky, and pretty :) Her and I share a room and she is beginning to learn all of the crafty lessons in life. Well, this is her!
Thursday, September 22, 2011
So, this is quite the exciting news..... I fot FIRST PLACE in the 2011 Teen Talent Search Contest for Creating Keepsakes!! Oh my goodness I am so happy :) Thankyou everybody who voted for me! I love you all! Also congrats to Brook, Elisa, Teanan, and Sofia!! Your projects were amazing!! You can go and check out everybody's layouts at http://www.creatingkeepsakesblog.com/. This is my winning layout.
Once again thank you to everybody who voted for me!!
Monday, September 19, 2011
So the Young Women leaders in our ward decided to do a Temple Walk. It was 9.1 Miles. We started at 8:30 am and walked from the beach to the Newport Beach Temple. It took about 4 hours.. but every step was totally worth it! It was such a wonderful experience and it helped me get to know the girls a lot better! I heard about a group of girls that walked 22 miles.. After that.. I felt their pain! It was hard, but it was really fun!!
Thursday, September 15, 2011
Here is just another layout I made. My friends and I went to Disneyland for our 8th Grade graduation, but we decided to do something different.. so we were thinking and thinking.. and we came up with the brilliant idea to wear tutus! So we all went and bought supplies and we made our tutus. We got so many people to stare at us as we skipped down main street! It was so much fun!
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Monday, September 12, 2011
1) I went out and bought a wide variety of fabric, felt, ribbon, and buttons. (You can also just use what you have)
2) I started making all of the different flowers I knew how to make (They are all really simple and easy).
3) I cut out a piece of felt big enough to glue all of the flowers on it.
4) I placed all of the flowers where I wanted them, then I added a few things to spruce it up. I put some leaves here and there, and some buttons to top it off.
5) Then I just hot glued everything together, and I glued the chain to the back of the necklace, then put a nother piece of felt on top of each side of the chain.
( Make sure you glue all of the flowers to eachother so it will hang right when you are wearing it )